Monday, August 31, 2009

Reinforcements Have Arrived!

My Bamboo Fusion order from Elann.com arrived today! Yippee! It took approximately one week and one day, which really isn't a very long wait. More importantly, I got the same dye lot! How awesome is that? No alternating skeins.


And my bamboo arrived just in time. My second scarf project also just ran out of yarn. I would have had two projects with no way to move forward! (Hmmm . . . there are a lot of exclamations points in this post, n'est pas? Too much excitement?)

Remember my frogged scarf made from Patons Silk Bamboo? I had recycled that silk bamboo into the fishtail scarf. I don't recall the length of the frogged scarf before its unfortunate demise, but this fishtail one is approx 13". So if one ball makes 13", then 4 balls should give me approximately 52". Does that sound right (have I mentioned my "issues" with math? Number phobia? Fear of failure? Whatever the reason, numbers make me nervous. Perhaps a left-brain/right brain sort of thing . . . but I digress)? I hope 52" is plenty long. The tape measure said it was long enough, so I'm gonna go with that.

I figure I'm still on track for getting these knits completed in time for Christmas. September hasn't even begun yet (not until tomorrow anyways). I'm off to a good start--as long as I don't add anymore projects to the list.

Later,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails