Saturday, August 1, 2009

And My Next Knit Project Is . . . ?

Always thinking ahead, I've begun planning my next knitting project (or should I say projects?). My ribbed socks are done and I'll have to post an FO pic as soon as I can (I'm waiting for the sun to come out). I'm almost done the slippers. My cardi is slowly chugging along--very slowly--and I'm hopeful it'll be done some time before Christmas (just in time for next spring--ha!).

I've got some yarn stashed and I'm debating what to start next. My son gifted me some lilac acrylic which I thought would make a cute lacy star hat for my niece. I've already made this particular project for a charity knit, so it should be easy-peasy to whip up a second one. The pattern came from a knitting calendar.
I also want to make another sweater for my niece as the 1st one I made is getting rather small. MIL gifted some Vanna White acrylic and its just enough for a cute eyelet cardigan that's made bottom-up (pattern is from Lion Brand website at http://www.lionbrand.com/ You'll have to register to see the free patterns, but its free to register).

My current lace scarf is on hold as I await yarn. So I should probably think about starting the second one (green one is for my mom while a red/burgundy one is for MIL). I'm not sure which yarn to use. Aren't the varying red shades pretty? I'd have to order more Patons Angora and more Bamboo Fusion, but I have plenty of Red Lustre . . . and I'm not sure which pattern I'd like to use. I've downloaded quite a few (go and see Ravelry linked through my sidebar--tons of free patterns that you can store right on your Rav profile!!). I'll have to peruse them before deciding on which yarn to use . . . so many decisions . . . a little flummoxed . . .

Time to think . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails