Sunday, August 30, 2009

And So the Cardi Grows . . .

And grows and grows . . . All the separate pieces have been made: the back, two sleeves, left front and right front. Right now I'm working on the yoke section, so all the pieces are connected at long last.

In hindsight, I wish I had worked on the back and front pieces in the round--less pieces to seam. However, having NEVER worked a sweater from the bottom-up, I decided to follow the pattern as is. If and when I ever work on this pattern again, I'll know better.

Still, I am enjoying the pattern thus far. It looks cute. I'm also enjoying the Vanna's Choice yarn. It's an acrylic, but much nicer than Red Heart stuff. In fact, I'd dare say it almost feels like wool . . .

Hoping to finish this cardi by the end of September. If only my scarf progress was a little more productive . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails