Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Project


So I cast on for a new project: socks for me!  It's been so long since I've made socks, that the 2.25mm dpn's feel like uncooked spaghetti strands in my hands!  With regular use, my hands should get used to the smaller sized needles.

I'm using Bernat Sox.  While I liked the colour in the ball, not sure I'm lovin' it in a sock.  What do you think about the colours?




Guess I'll have to reserve judgement till I've gotten further into the sock.  After all, the colour changes can vary from the cuff to the main leg. 

The pattern is a ladies' vintage ribbed sock from Vogue Knitting's Ultimate Sock Book.  I've made the child's version a couple of times (remember these socks and these ones--the latter is a Rav link).  I really like the ribbing.  I think it makes for a better fit. 

These socks represent a "first" of sorts.  I don't think I've ever made a pair of socks for myself.  Wonder how long it will take me?  The one good thing about my feet is that they've stopped growing.  Once I've found a pattern that works, the rest will be easier.

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails