Monday, November 16, 2009

Feels LIke Heaven . . .



Whilst my toddlers napped away, I cast on for the Fern Lace Scarf.  The original pattern had 56 stitches in lace weight.  It would be nice to make it a little more wider, but I don't have much yarn.  I'd rather have a long narrow scarf than a wide short one, so I only cast on 28 stitches (24 stiches for one pattern repeat with 2 stitches worth of garter edging on either side).  I hope it reaches a decent length.  The skein is only 175m.  Wonder how much length that will give me?

I must confess that the alpaca-silk-merino blend is yummy--so incredibly soft (heaven help us if I get addicted to this stuff!) And I absolutely love the warmth of the hand-crafted birch needles.


It feels like heaven ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails