Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Blue-Green Loveliness


This was the quickest knit ever!  That's my lovely Fern Lace Scarf folded neatly--all 60 inches of it!  After I weave in the ends, I'll attach a fringe.  The kit came with curly locks made from 78% mohair, 13% wool and 9% nylon.  Me thinks a fringe will finish off my scarf very nicely.

With regard to blocking, I'm not sure exactly how to proceed.  Most of my handknits have been acrylics, so blocking hasn't been an issue.  After I'm done, I launder the item and never think about it again.

I'm sure an online search will yield loads of information (heck Ravelry will probably contain all that I need to know) .  But I'll have to wait till the weekend (no time or energy during the week).  Besides, the weekend would be the best time to borrow some foam tiles/mats upon which I will pin my blue-green loveliness.

Whilst I wait for the weekend, back to me knittin' ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails