Thursday, February 10, 2011

Uncle

That's it!  I give up: I'm officially sick and tired of winter.  Sure there are aspects of winter that are pretty: intricately patterned snowflakes and light, wispy fluff gently floating down from the heavens.  But I'm way past pretty.

There's so much snow piled 'round my house that if there's anymore . . . well, I don't know where to put it.  The snowpiles can only go so high. And the temperatures keep dipping past
 -20C (although isn't it weird how -20C sounds down right "balmy" after enduring -35C wind chill--just saying is all).  Its enough to make a body hide indoors under a thick comforter for the rest of the dreary season.

I so need a dose of springtime . . .
Budding Hyacinth
But for now I'll have to settle for my budding hyacinth bulb (I had to fish it out of its dark hiding place 'cuz I was worried the deep cold would seep in and kill it).

Is it spring yet?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you -- it's not so cold here as it is there but we just have nowhere else to put snow in this city and it feels like there's little hope of it disappearing until June! I tell my husband, "enough", time to move somewhere warmer, and even the dog wants to move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move to a warmer place? That sound very good, Wool-Free. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails