Sunday, February 13, 2011

Consolation

So to take my mind off the dreary weather, I started flipping through my knitting books and realized I never shared my newest acquisitions.  I bought three before the holidays from Crafters' Choice Book Club which--to my surprise--suddenly announced bankruptcy in early December (at least the Canadian division did.  To the best of my knowledge, the American division is still running although I haven't checked online).

My most favorite book is Knits Men Want by Bruce Weinstein (photos by Jared Flood whose work I've admired for a long time at his blog Brooklyn Tweed.  His patterns and photography are very beautiful and inspiring).
Knits Men Want
Hubby and I read through the book when it arrived and he tended to concur with most of the rules.  For him, most men don't really care about fashion; rather, their concern is comfort (at least in his circle of friends).  And those that do care about fashion have a different sense of style than most women.  Needless to say that most of the patterns in the book were deemed acceptable by dear hubby.

The big plus for me, however, is the multiple gauges offered for each pattern.  Wow!  I don't have to do math!  Yay!  

Since hubby doesn't "do" pullovers, I've got my eye on the simple cardigan pattern pictured below.  He did request a cardi made in a yarn that isn't itchy (I'm thinking an acrylic or acrylic-wool blend).
Men's Cardigan
Some day I'll make this.  Someday. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails