Thursday, July 23, 2009

Handy-Dandy Notebook

I've lamented of late my lack of knitting. With summer I suspect there may be other knitters who knit less or find other activities that temporarily usurp their knitting time. Unfortunately, this lack of knitting makes writing my blog a little more challenging--it being a knitting blog! And I did promise myself when I started all this a mere four months ago that I would blog at least once a week. So it goes without saying that my handy-dandy notebook has come in very handy.
What is a handy-dandy notebook? Initially I used it to keep track of lesson plans and such for work. Now I use it to jot down notes to myself, explore an idea, or just write something creative. I've also made various lists of topics in case I had nothing knitting related to discuss. Now wasn't that smart (or perhaps slightly neurotic and maybe even anal-retentive)?

One thing I've learned about myself over the years is that I'm a process-writer. I just jot down something--anything! Then I re-write it. Over and over. The secret to good writing is revise, revise, revise . . . it's worked all through my schooling. Why shouldn't it work in real life?
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails