Sunday, February 17, 2013

At Long Last!


Finally!  I got my hands on that iconic and definitive tome on all things top down: Knitting From the Top by Barbara Walker.  I've been itching to own this book for ages!  It had been available in the US at Amazon.com for a number of years, but sadly "out of print" on the Canadian Amazon.ca (and I wasn't prepared to pay $200 plus for it).  So imagine my surprise when I saw it was available . . . and me with gift cards to spend!!  Oh joy!!
Walker's Knitting From the Top
I also ordered Ann Budd's collection of top down sweaters, but that hasn't arrived yet (part of my order shipped from Ontario and the rest came from British Columbia.).  The two will complement each other nicely: one focusing on theory and the other on patterns (for any size, any gauge and any yarn). 
Budd's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters
My other acquisition was the third collection of patterns from Wendy Bernard, Custom Knits: Accessories.  I've always liked Bernard's patterns and how she gives the knitters suggestions for modifying and customizing the pattern.  So it was a no-brainer for me. 
Bernard's Custom Knits Accessories
Happy inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails