Sunday, February 10, 2013

About the Avocado . . .

Almost Completed Body
Yup, its growing!  Very pleased with my progress this week.  I made a concerted effort to work on this project.  It became my naptime and lunchtime knitting.  And of course it was my waiting-room knitting.
WIP
Guess what?  My plan worked!  The bulk of the body is done.  I'm actually working on the garter hem.  The pattern called for 5 " for the body before working hem, but I decided to lengthen it to 6 ".  Planning to work the garter hem for about 1" before casting off.  Then its off to work the sleeves in the round ('cuz I'm not a fan of seaming).
Garter Detail
Hoping to put up my mods and patterns in one of the pages at the top of my blog as a free pattern inspired by classic garter stitch.  I'll keep you posted. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails