Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cushions and Frogs

Don't get it?  Think "ripit, ripit, ripit".  Ah yes, the frog pond.  Buoyant with my recent FO, I decided to tackle some WIPs that had been piling up, in particular my beloved sofa cushion cover.  The chesterfield is looking mighty, mighty sad--at least the cushions are.

My most recent attempt at creating a cushion cover ended up in the frog pile.  It just wasn't working out on many levels:
1) scratchy yarn (think hot humid summer days, bare skin and scratchy wool--me thinks not a good combo).
2) also not enjoying the stitch pattern (and the wee boo-boos). 
So I frogged the whole thing--ripit, ripit, ripit.

Instead I found some acrylic that was softer in feel.  Also found a ripple stitch pattern that I'd used in a Bernat project (once memorized, the pattern was quite relaxing).  Psyched to make this project work, I actually did some math (I know!  How weird is that?) to figure how long to make my foundation chain. 
New and Improved Cushion Cover
Once started, the project grew fairly quickly. . . until I started a couple of new projects: another pair of socks and my next Bernat project.  Actually I need to finish the later ASAP (there's a baby involved and it would be nice to have the project completed before mom goes on maternity).  For now my cushion cover will have to wait--but not for long ('cuz the sofa is very, very sad).

So much to make.  So little time ('cuz I waste it over on Facebook playing in my wee virtual restaurant, but 'nuff 'bout that.  It's a healthy obsession, right?  Wait.  Don't answer).

Hope your weekend is a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails