Sunday, August 16, 2015

Who Loves a Bargain?

It's so nice to add to my Rav stash page as I do it so infrequently--and it helps me stay on top of everything.  Love how Ravelry looks through your stash and makes suggestions about which yarns might work for a pattern you're checking out.

Then I realized I hadn't yet shared my "bargoons" from Romni Wools. My budget was limited because I'd already spent a fair amount at LK Yarns when we were in Halifax a few weeks earlier.  Thankfully Romni Wools' lower level has a huge selection of discontinued yarns. And bonus:  there was a 20%-off-everything sale in the entire store.  Talk about lucky!
Lang Yarns sock yarn
First I checked out the sock yarns--and there was no shortage of colours, brands or fibers.   Decided on a brown mix called Lang Yarns Super Soxx Jubilee Denim.  Not sure about its regular retail rate, but it was marked down to $9.00 with an additional 20% discount at the register.  Not bad for over 450 yards--enough for a pair of socks.
Regia Lace
With the Regia Lace, I scored another great buy.  At over 600 yards, it was marked down to $9.90 with another 20% taken off.  Talk about value!  So much knitting fun for so little money.  And of course, I just love the rich colour.
Fritidsgarn in yummy colour

Then I spied more colours in the Sandnes Garn Fritidsgarn.  At $3.00 a ball plus an additional 20% off at the register, it was a steal.  Perhaps these can make a lovely woolen beret for one of my nieces.  Although both balls look identical, they have different colour and dye lots on the label, but I honestly couldn't tell the difference. 
Yummy candy colours . . . 
The Sirdar Baby Bamboo wasn't really an impulse buy, as I'd hoped to find some yummy colours to pair with some existing stash bamboo yarns in green, lilac and orange for a pretty multi-colour item: perhaps a scarf, shawl or shrug?  I'll figure that out later.  With or without the 20% off, these two skeins were still a great buy because they'll help me use leftovers from other projects.  Don't the colours look great together?
Colourful novelty yarn
My final purchase was a total whim--and whether it's folly or not remains to be seen--but I couldn't resist this fuzzy novelty yarn. The whimsical colours of Alessandra Filati Frizzante caught my eye.  At two bucks a piece, how could I not buy a couple of balls?  Maybe a funky hat for one of my nieces?

Yup, pleased as punch about my finds.  And honestly, it was all about the colours.  The prices were a bonus.  Thank heavens I don't live near Romni Wools, or else I'd be over there, rummaging through the basement bins, on a weekly basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails