Sunday, May 26, 2013

Organizing . . .

So I spent the rainy Saturday re-organizing my craft closet.  It's a nice big space, but stuff got dumped willy-nilly when we first moved in.  I had attempted to keep it organized, but more "stuff" kept getting dumped into the space.  Then yarn would come out--and it never quite made it back to the right spot--it was a mess!  So messy that I dared not photograph it for the fear it would instill to the viewer--seriously!  Some re-organization was in order.
First off, I emptied the whole space--and I can't believe how much stuff I have!  My scrapbook and art supplies stayed on the shelves, but my daycare stuff got pared down (its so easy to hang-on to bits of crafting items when sometimes it just needs to "go away").  Someday I'll get back to painting and scrapbooking (although I still make the odd gift album).

Sometimes you can forget what you have if you don't look at it . . . 
I had forgotten how much yarn there was in sweater quantities!   And I still love the colours.  Guess I better get crackin' . . . .!

After spreading my wares all over, I had to decide on the yarns to which I needed easy access (like my sock yarns and wool for mittens and hats). 
Those items I might not use for a year or more (donated or inherited acrylics) got put into a big tote and pushed to the back. It's odds and ends for toys, slippers or Christmas decor.
The stuff I was probably gonna use in the next few months went in totes closer to the front of the closet.  And all the wonderful artful and special yarns were moved to rolling drawers so they could be more easily accessed--just in case I needed to pet them or feel inspired.


I like the space much better and have a better idea of what I've got.  Now I can get back to finishing long-standing WIPs . . . I'll keep you posted. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails