Monday, July 23, 2012

Vacations and Homework and Books

Yup, its a mish-mash this week!  First off I'm on vacation.  You'd think I'd have loads of time knitting or crocheting.  Not so much.  Not even a little bit.  Instead I'm watching online lectures and reading my textbook in-between excursions to the beach and park with the kids (well at least I'm getting some fun time with the kids).  Instead of knitting and crocheting, I'm dragging along my textbook and binder.  At least my hard work is paying off: my first test mark was good--very good.  Not bad for an old broad working full-time, living on a farm and caring for her family.  I still has "smart-itude"!


At least I can spend my nights perusing some craft books I forgot to share.  Absolutely love Wendy Bernard's Custom Knits 2--well worth owning!  There are some cute patterns, but more important she addresses how to modify and change the pattern to suit size, age and even gender.


The other book I got was Shirley Paden's Knitwear Design Workshop.  Fair warning: there's a lot of math, but there's a lot of useful information about how to design your own sweater (based on your measurements and your swatches).  She starts with basic patterns and then teaches you how to modify and change the design.  My only complaint is that the book focuses on sweater pieces rather than knitting in the round.  Still, it is a useful primer.


I fear that for now my craft time is nil.  Maybe once I've finished my course at the end of August, I can squeeze in some knitting--at least until my next course starts in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails