Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Down

Finished the pinwheel blanket this afternoon.  And I must say that I am feeling very good about scratching an item from my list of WIPs (let's not talk about the new project for which I cast on promptly after supper--yes, I added more to the list, but let's save that for another day, shall we?).

Pinwheel Blanket
The stripes  and mottled seed stitch add a touch of whimsy to what would have been an otherwise plain blanket.  N'est pas?

Stripe and Seed-Stitch Detail
Once I've woven in the ends, I'll give it a wash.  When it comes to acrylics, I generally don't block, but a wash & dry makes everything look fresh and clean.

Now back to my knitting . . .

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's a good size project, and they take a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty blanket. I love the shape and stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I'll be happy to present the finished blanket to my knit group for charity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! You don't block acrylic...hmm maybe I'll just wash mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Allison. :)

    To be honest, I've never blocked any of my knits mainly 'cuz they're usually acrylics (and I'm also very, very lazy LOL). A wool-acrylic blend might need blocking, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails