Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cute Baby Knit

So remember when I posted about finishing my pinwheel blanket?  I mentioned something about promptly starting a new project.

Meet my new project (see sidebar for Ravelry link):
Project Sheet
It's for a co-worker who just had her first baby.  I was gonna buy a little something; however, whilst basking in the glow of my pinwheel FO, my thoughts turned to quick baby knits.  For some reason, I had it in my head that I could finish a baby sweater in a week--or less.  Now don't laugh.  It could be possible, perhaps if I had chosen the 3 month size (but babies grow fast, so 6 months seemed like a better size).  And perhaps if I were a different knitter--say a faster one!  Ha!  And maybe if I didn't have to go to work during the day or sleep at night . . .

No matter.  The sweater is a growing.

Body complete, one sleeve in progress

This is gonna be darn cute when its finished.  And yes, I am using the leftover yarn from my pinwheel blanket.  Aren't these the best colours for a wee baby boy?  Hoping to make a matching toque too. 

Now back to knitting 'cuz my queue grows by the day . . .

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the sweater and they are great boy colors. Bet your colleague will be tickled pink to receive it. And yes, baby sweaters take a lot longer to knit than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! thank you for introducing me to that darling pattern!

    i'll have a gender-neutral sweater to knit here soon, so this will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I am a slow knitter and I also tend to be overly optimistic about how long something will take to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone :) Good to know I'm not the only one who knits slowly. And I really do love the pattern. I can definitely see myself making this one again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails