Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter Blahs


(photo from wallpaper torrent; photographer unknown)

If it feels as if I've fallen off the end of the earth . . . well, rest assured that I haven't.  It's just that there's no "de-briefing" when re-entering the doldrum of ordinary work life after the holidays.  No half-days or partial weeks--just fall in, head first and hope nothing breaks on the way.

And of course, there's no end in sight.  No holidays or long weekends to look forward to in the immediate future; nothing to break up the monotony of winter blahs; no respite from the cold frost and chilling winds. . . .

Except maybe the days will start to get longer . . .

Here's hoping your winter blahs are less intense.  And that knitted dreams keep you warm.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel I have to go back to work on Monday thankfully I have a very long weekend between the 22nd to the 26th of January off so I am looking forward to that.

    And not that you could forget but you do have the Olypmics next month. Think of all that knitting time =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky to have some time off, Kylie. Enjoy!!

    Sadly the Olympics in Canada will make no difference. I'll still have to go to work. Even when the torch passed through town, the kids still had school and neither hubby nor I could take time off. Just living for the weekends! LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails