Monday, January 25, 2010

Crochet, Anyone?

I'd love to start crocheting again, especially since the granny square seems to be making a comeback.  I'd love to make a pretty mat for the kitchen or bathroom.  And of course, I'd love to make a poncho for my niece.  As a kid, I remember having one made by my great aunt.  It was green and white.

After I learned how to knit, my mom taught me how to crochet.  Together we made two afghans using granny squares.  Then I made my own afghan with multi-coloured hexagons of orange, brown and cream.  I was so proud.  From there I ventured into lace using thread and a teeny tiny steel hook.

Most of my crochet handiwork is long gone.  Until last week.  I came across the last surviving piece of crochet: a pretty lace doily. 

Lace Doily


Detail of Lace



Close-up of Edging

I can't believe I was once able to make something so intricate looking.  Time to search Ravelry for free crochet patterns--perhaps a dishcloth first and then who knows what else after that?

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails