Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Mittens


Finished the green mittens.  Don't they look nice?  And not one bit wonky.  Huzzah!  With the added snow, they were soon put to good use.


Promptly started another pair of mittens.  Since I'm using more Bernat Softee Chunky, I fished out a Bernat pattern booklet called 9 Family Knits .  Actually I forgot I had bought this pattern book in the fall (I may even have blogged about it too).  And since I've got lots of Softee Chunky in my stash (leftovers from hats and sweaters for my boys), the booklet is worth the price--and more as I only paid 99 cents for it!  Gotta like that.



The enitre book uses Softee Chunky, so these mittens should fit fine (and no, I haven't check my gauge.  You'd think I'd have learned my lesson . . . .hmmmm, reckless behaviour or daring risk-taker?).  Sadly, this red mitten has not seen much action this week as I plug away at the big Bernat cardigan project (I know: somewhere there are teeny, tiny violins playing a very sad song **giggles**).

Hopefully I can sneak in some time on the mittens during the week (but don't hold your breathe).

Happy knitting! :)

2 comments:

  1. It feels so satisfying to finish something. I'm not so good about checking gauge either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know I'm not the only one who skips the swatch every now and then.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails