Sunday, March 30, 2014

Is It Wrong?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
My Improvised Square
Is it wrong to crave colour?  Bright, springy, summery shades that evoke warmth and flowers and sun-shiny happiness? I had barely finished the baby sock (And it was close, but yay to storm days!) when inspiration hit.   Over on the Crochet Crowd Fan page on Facebook, a crocheter (Sandy Crochets) posted her finished creation (You can also find a wonderful photo on Instagram).  Isn't it purty?!  I just loved it!
My Rainbow Stash
And I had to make it!  I looked through my Red Heart Super Saver and Bernat Super Value stash and found enough suitable colours--although I may be missing the odd skein. 
Colour Plan
With graph paper and colouring pencils, I worked a workable colour chart for my bedspread.  This will look cheerful and summery in the bedroom.  I'm so excited!!
Reference Patterns
Since there was no pattern link to be found, I scrounged the internet and found a couple of similar granny square patterns.  A regular large granny would work and so would a granny sunburst pattern.  The one I used was from here (also called a sunburst granny but the centre is worked differently than others I've seen).  You could also use this sunburst granny square pdf from Priscilla's Crochet.  Both are free patterns (And You-Tube probably has lots of how-to videos as well--if you need the visual aid.  I know I often need it).  I modified the first pattern by adding a few extra rounds before working the last 2 single crochet edgings.  

I'll keep you posted! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails