Sunday, September 15, 2013

About the Costume

I finally tried it on.  Verdict: the fit is good.  I made no real modifications and have worked the pattern as written for the large size (learned from first version that a top like this needs zero or negative ease). With the waist shaping and ribbing complete, I'm on the home-stretch, so to speak.  My focus now rests on making room for my ample hips, so yes there will be extra increases.  As well, I'm adding extra length too.  
Pink Bombshell In-Progress
I'm still debating whether to use the seed stitch hem as written.  I saw some versions on Ravelry that used alternate stitch patterns.  Maybe I need to consult my stitch dictionary . . . As for the neckline and sleeves, I am seriously contemplating ribbing to "tighten" the fit.
Back View
As for the skirt, my sister-in-law found matching fabric in a local shop.  I just need to find a place that sells paper patterns so I can sew the skirt.  Two local businesses used to sell sewing patterns; neither sells them anymore.  I may have to travel to the next town over unless someone here can direct me to a Canadian online outlet selling Simplicity or Butterick patterns. Anyone?

There's still the matter of the wig, but I know the cap fits.  It's just a matter adding the "hair". . . Less than two months left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails