Sunday, June 10, 2012

Not a Good Week . . .

This has not been a good week: battling a bad cold;  lack of sleep; facing cold wet weather; dealing with a little stress . . . let's just say I was more than a wee bit happy to see the weekend arrive.  


Needless to say, there is little progress to report.  My socks are almost ready to turn the heel--almost, but not quite.  Need about another inch to go, maybe less.  I'm aiming for a 6.5 inch leg (my previous socks have had 7 inch legs, so there should be enough yarn).
Sock Progress
The most vexing thing about them are the needles that keep slipping out!  Twice I had to deal with a mischievous missing needle, resulting in dropped stitches and a little tinking back . . .not happy!  When I went to buy more needle protectors, my favorite brand was no longer being carried . . . not happy!


At least my crochet is cooperating.  I'm attempting to finish Toadette #2:  I stuffed her head and body and attached some of the pieces.
Assembling Toadette #2
There are a few more pieces to finish making too, namely her vest and braids.
Toadette's Vest
I'd like to finish her as soon as possible.  There are a couple of other WIPs that need attention.


Why the rush?  I don't know how much extra time I'll have once I start my course . . . did I mention I was going back to school?  Part-time of course.  And online.  It's been a long time since I've been in school . . . I have few more weeks reprieve.  


Hope you had a better week than mine. :S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails