Saturday, February 4, 2012

Not Impressed

"Old" Slippers
With the yarn, that is.  Remember those lovely slippers I made?  Sure my slippers look a little worn.  That's to be expected.  
"Holey" Soles
But this is not acceptable!  They have holes in the soles!  Seriously!  The yarn I'd used had been something someone gifted me a few years ago for Christmas.  I had hoped to use the rest of it for more slippers for the family, but not if the darn thing can't stand up to normal wear and tear.
Beginnings of New Slippers
So I was forced to search through my stash for something more durable.  I decided to twin Bernat Chunky with indestructible Phentex Slipper Yarn (mainly because I had enough of each colour).  I cast on for new slippers using the same wonderful pattern (after all it wasn't the fault of the pattern if the yarn wasn't up to snuff).  Thankfully the pattern works up quickly.  The Chunky and Phentex made a wonderfully cushiony sole which will hopefully last the rest of the year. 
New Soles
I opted to work the tops using only only Bernat Chunky 'cuz working too strands would have made the slipper too big (and I honestly didn't have it in me to tweak numbers).  I suppose I could have opted to just use Phentex for the upper, but we'll see how the Chunky holds out (luckily Phentex is readily available locally).
Top of New Slipper
And nothing beats the cold dampness of winter better than warm, cozy slippers. Of course a warm fire helps too.
Finished Slippers
Now that my toes are once again toasty, I can focus on more interesting crafty endeavors.  Back to my WIPs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails