Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rockin' the Swiffer

Yeah, ya read that right!  Forget about the cushion cover or the second sock (or any other number of projects on my ever-expanding list of WIPs awaiting some finishing work).  I'm rockin' the swiffer!

Crocheted Duster for my Swiffer Mop

My quest was simple: how to dust my walls and ceiling without killing myself with the vacuum.  The solution was simple, yet elegant: a custom-made duster that I can pop into the washer and dryer.  As an added bonus, I used up bits of leftover acrylic and saved money too (no more wet or dry cloths to buy for my swiffer mop).

I found the pattern link over at Ravelry.  And the swiffer "sock" is reversible, so you could use the smooth side to quickly mop your floor (after you've dusted it with the fuzzy side). 

Smooth Side of Swiffer Sock
In fact, you could make a few of them and use one exclusively for your kitchen, another for your bathroom . . . well, you get the picture.  In fact, I'm already working on a second one.  Don't ya just love quick, easy practical projects?

Later,
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails