Sunday, July 24, 2011

Oh My . . .

New projects!  I know I have lots on the needles already, but I wanted something new for my vacation projects.  If nothing else, I'm amply prepared--although seriously how much knitting will I get done?

I've already cast-on for the Dandy Neckerchief (Ravelry link) using the Patons Angora Bamboo.  Its a nice soft yarn--just right for a scarf.  Big plus for the pattern is that it starts at the point: I just keep knitting until I run out of yarn (although 400 yards should be plenty, right?).
Beginning of Dandy Neckerchief
And much to my surprise, I discovered extra balls of Patons Silk Bamboo: thought I only had 4, but in fact I had 7 of them!  Its the same yarn I used for my mom's lacy scarf back in Christmas 2009.  Instead of a scarf, I'm attempting a simple but shapely tank top: Soleil from Knitty Spring 2005.  Right now I'm still swatching: I either have to find smaller bamboos (only have 4.5mm, but probably need 3.75mm or 4.0mm); or I have to attempt a smaller size in the hopes that I end up with a bigger size.
Swatch for Soleil

I seriously doubt I'll have 'puter access while on vacation (my parents don't know much 'bout the internets, but at least they have air conditioning).  So there'll be "radio silence" whilst I visit with the family back in Ontario.  See you in a couple of weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails