Sunday, December 21, 2014

Rainbows and Bibs

Yup, I did it.  I  made something.  And I even managed to finish it too (but since the natural light has since faded, I'll have to wait for another day to show you the finished item, although I did manage in-progress shots).
Crochet bib in progress
What do you think?  The  pattern comes from a book I borrowed from the library entitled Baby Crochet.    First problem, I used the wrong gauge yarn; instead of fingering, I used worsted cotton.  This, in turn, meant I used a bigger hook.  So while I initially tried to follow the pattern as written, I had to make changes so the bib would not be monstrously large.
Closer view of bib
Although I've crocheted lots of items, I still consider myself a beginner crocheter.  As such, I'm no expert at reading pattern instructions.  So I'm trying to determine if my confusion over pattern instructions were the fault of the pattern itself or the fault of the crafter (i.e. me) . . .  Not sure.

My plan is to make another bib (second time should be the charm, right?).  So if my confusion subsides and I make a better bib, then the fault may lie with me . . . We shall see.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails