Sunday, July 21, 2013

Finishing . . . And other Stuff

Even though I was back to work, the past week was still good.  I finally had a chance to meet up with the gals at knit night--and that's always quite enjoyable. 
More Woolen Socks
And there was knitting, of course.  I actually finished a sock and immediately cast on for the second one--only a few more inches till I turn the heel.  Isn't the self-striping pattern cool?  I sooooo need more woolen socks 'cuz summer won't last forever (although hard to even contemplate winter at this point).
Sock Detail
By the way, I finished the modified dishcloth from PurlSoho.  Not quite sure it looks like the original Tweed Slip Stitch, but I still like the finished pattern.  I also love the thick fabric created by the slipped stitches.  I'd love to make more with different colours, but as usual, there are other projects needing my attention . . . .
Tweed Slip Stitch Dishcloth
By the way, here are my mods for the pattern.  I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton which is worsted, so the original stitch counts had to be adjusted.  I cast on 35 stitches (33 for stitch pattern plus 1 stockingnette stitch at each end = 35 stitches total).  Then I worked a few rows of garter stitch before working pattern as follows:
Row 1: Purl
Row 2: K1, *Sl 1 (wyib), K2. Repeat from * till last stitch, K1
Row 3: P1, *Sl 1 (wyif), K2. Repeat from * till last stitch, P1
Row 4: K1, *K2, Sl 1 (wyib). Repeat from * till last stitch, K1
Row 5: P1, K1, *Sl 1 (wyif), K2. Repeat from * till last stitch, P1
Row 6: K1, K1, *Sl 1(wyib), K2.  Repeat from * till last stitch, K1
Row 7: P1, K2, *Sl 1 (wyif), K2.  Repeat from * till last stitch, P1
Work the same number of garter rows before binding off.  To finish off, I picked up stitches along the side (approximately 30 stitches) and worked same number of garter rows to create a border.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails