Sunday, April 28, 2013

Knittin' Stuff

There's no shortage of knittin' projects over at casa d'acrylic.  Hubby's slippers are almost done.  They just need some seaming--and none too soon as his old ones are almost disintegrating as I write this . . . eeek! Must sew post haste!
Man-sized Non-Felted Slippers
And I started another lovely ballband dishcloth.  I've made this pattern before.  It's easy, looks great and works much better than the ol' traditional garter stitch dishcloth (doesn't stretch out too much when wet, yet still has scruffy surface for scrubbing).  My old dishcloths are fading fast.  Living in the country with hard water can take a toll on one's laundry, especially the linens that go in and out of the water.  
Ballband Dishcloth in progress
Since there`s plenty of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in the stash, I'm makin' more of these dishcloths.  Think 5 to 6 would suffice?  Maybe I should make more?  Let's see how quickly I get bored with the pattern . . . . 
Finished Avocado
Oh, and I mustn't forget:  Avocado is complete!  Buttons and ends sewn into place.  I think it looks very cute with the wooden buttons--very rustic feel to it.  Hubby is set to bring home a box so I can mail it off to my sister.  Hopefully my niece will be able to wear it before the weather gets too warm or she outgrows it (Ya gotta know I'm already planning another cardigan for the fall--hope 12 months will work for sizing).

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails