Sunday, December 19, 2010

Confession Time

I'm addicted--harmless addiction, but an addiction nonetheless  Yes I do like to knit and crochet, but this is a non-fibre addiction (and no I don't count Ravelry 'cuz ultimately that is fibre related).

No this addiction is more of a gaming one.  Rest assured it isn't EverQuest or Call of Duty (insert popular online video game of your choice).  But it does happen online.  I'm referring to Restaurant City, one of numerous games found on Facebook (yeah, I know).

It started innocently enough.  My brother-in-law sent me an invite and I obliged.  Often such games require "friends" or "neighbours" or "clan members" so that "gifts" can be exchanged.  I didn't plan to actually play.  Unfortunately once I started, I couldn't stop.  So here I am, still playing after logging in consecutively for over 100 days--yeah, that's called obsession.  But it is a fun obsession.

Meet the lovely cyber-version of me (too bad there's no curly hair).  With the appropriate number of coins, you can deck out your cyber-self and cyber-staff in neat outfits.

Cyber-version of Me

She runs a very hip and happenin' restaurant in the cyber-reality of the world wide web.  Check it out.

Exterior of Restaurant
The above is actually an older photo as I've currently decked out my restaurant for the holidays, complete with gingerbread men, lights, snow and Santa.

Restaurant Interior
The interior has recently been changed too: revamped the layout and included winter and Christmas decor throughout.

So now you know the truth (is it an ugly truth? 'Cuz I'm not feeling the ugly). And really its a harmless addiction as long as I can limit myself (usually I can) and as long as I don't spend real money (um, never gonna happen--and sadly there are those that do).  Real money is earmarked for knitting books and yarn--duh, that's a no brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails