Monday, February 9, 2015

Winter Blahs

Here in the Maritimes, we have been "blessed" with, not one, but TWO winter storms within the span of a week.  I managed to get out to work during the first storm (ever had a flash freeze?).  We endured Arctic temperatures only to face hours of heavy rain a few days later (Yeah, that's right: a day of rain!).  That may sound pleasant except that the water had nowhere to go (Can you say "flooding"?). This was, of course, followed by freezing temps and more snow.  Did I mention it was a lot of snow? It's not even the good kind of snow that packs for snowballs and snowmen.  It's the fluffy stuff with lots of ice mixed in for good measure.
Buried Car
Needless to say there was lots of shoveling.  And sad to say that my car is literally frozen to the pavement!  I kid you not!  Thank goodness I have no need of it, but still . . .
Faux-Thrum Mitten In-Progress
So how does a gal get through?  With mittens!  Feelin' mighty happy about starting my new mittens.  They look very fluffy and feel very cozy soft.  Just what a gal needs to get through the winter blahs . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails