Sunday, October 4, 2015

Na,na,na,na,na . . .

Batman! Oh yeah, I has batman in the house! ;)
Batman hat in progress
Now this pattern wasn't too bad (free pattern available here at Portable Knitting) .  Because the colourwork is worked over a small area, your attention is only required for those 16 rows.  Then you're back at plain stockinette stitch--and in the round too (but not the intarsia part.  That has to be worked flat)
Hat with pattern print-off
Now I've worked intarisa before (there's Girlie Skull HatSkull Hat, & Monster Vest).  And even though the final item looks lovely, it can be finicky while you're working on it.  I highly recommend making small balls of the necessary colours ahead of time.  Also, a row counter can be your friend as you try to keep track of where you're at on the chart.
Smaller balls needed for intarsia
Sadly some ripping was involved--just like my other projects thus far (is this a test of my perseverance?).  And no, I didn't mess up the colourwork.  Instead I made a newbie mistake: an unwanted yarn over!  Not just one, but two!  Seriously?  I suppose it's my fault for knitting in the dark.
Messy yarn bits inside hat
With school and work, I was just trying to fit in some knit time and naptime is just as a good a time as any.  Besides, it's not like I've never knit in the dark before--with even more complicated patterns.  Not sure what happened . . .

In any case, this hat is well on it's way to being done.  And that makes me happy 'cuz I've got two more to make.     :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails